Posted on 03-16-2017
The Benefits of Dental Checkups for Your Children
Dental care for kids sets a foundation for a healthy life. Ideally, you should schedule your child’s first dental checkup with our North Miami Beach family dentist when the first tooth comes in, or before his or her first birthday. Try to bring your children to see our Miami Beach dentist twice per year. We offer both pediatric and adult dental care, including orthodontia, at our Kmart dental clinic. We provide convenient, gentle, friendly and reliable children's dental exams and dental services for the whole family.
Kids Dental Checkups at Kmart in North Miami Beach
Regular children’s dental exams offer many lifelong benefits. Our pediatric dentist will:
- Check to be sure baby teeth and jaws develop normally.
- Make sure permanent teeth are coming in properly.
- Examine the mouth, gums and teeth for cavities, plaque and gum disease.
- Help prevent cavities in baby teeth and avoid gum disease.
- Provide advice on caring for your child’s teeth, and teach how s/he should care for, brush and floss teeth daily.
- Decide when you should start using a fluoride toothpaste.
- Help avoid teeth grinding and treat snoring problems with custom-made dental appliances and night guards.
- Prevent the need for emergency dental care or expensive, time-consuming restorative dental work.
- Prevent crooked teeth and reduce the need for orthodontia later, with early intervention to correct thumb-sucking habits, etc. (If orthodontia becomes necessary, our dentist, Dr. Stephen Aaron, provides orthodontic care for kids and adults too.)
- Create custom mouth guards to protect teeth and mouth for school-age kid’s sports.
- Apply dental sealant to help prevent dental decay if needed.
- Get your child acquainted with the dentist to avoid dental anxiety or fear later in life.
Schedule your child's dental checkup with Dr. Aaron or a member of our dental team here at Kmart Dental. We are open 7 days (and evenings) weekly and conveniently located inside your local Kmart here in North Miami Beach FL. We make it simple to fit kids' dental checkups into your day. Call us for an appointment for children's preventative dental care at 305-947-9001 today.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.